HCD15 Buckton View, Mossley, Greater Manchester
New build development in Greater Manchester of 36 houses split between four house types.
Work on site commenced: January 2018
Coronavirus update: As of 24/3/2020 our contractors, CPUK, out of a concern for their work force have cleared the site. We will update when we have further news.
Site schedule: as of February 2020 the site is a number of months behind schedule, due to a range of issues including delays in discharge of precommencement conditions, delays with footpath closures which in turn affected the critical path, neighbour intervention with works and excessive inclement weather throughout summer 2019 and winter 2018/2019 and 2019/2020. Site completion is now anticipated for the end of September 2020.
We have partial possession of another 3 plots as of late February 2020 (meaning they are nearly complete so sales can be progressed). 2 of these are reserved.
Click here to view drone footage of the Buckton View site taken March 2020.
March 2020 – important note re the Coronavirus pandemic and its potential effect on reservations and sales: Whilst our agents are still operational and responding to enquiries and sending out brochures, they have advised there has been a drop off in enquiries which is to be expected. We do not expect to have any new reservations until the situation stabilises, and we may also lose some of the current reservations. We thank investors for their patience during this difficult time.
As of 23rd March 2020 we have completed on 5 sales, have exchanged on 1 other property with completion scheduled by the end of March 2020, and have 5 other reservations. Plot 21 has exchanged and Plot 5 is due its mortgage offer imminently and we are pushing for exchange and completion, but the Coronavirus issue may make this impossible as people are not permitted to move house at present. 25 units are left to sell.
As of February 2020 new agents have been instructed to assist with new sales. An agency has been instructed to work on social media platforms to plug the open day and the site. A number of open days have to date also been held.
Click here for one of a Rightmove listing for a 3-bed property.
Click here to see a 4-bed listing.
Our sales agents held an open day at the site on 1st Feb 2020 resulting in 2 new reservations to date and several other interested parties. View home photos are available lower down. Note early sales are being used to fund further build work in order to reduce the number of later fundraises and assist with ensuring the profitability of the development.
The open day 14th/15th December 2019 led to a number of expressions of interest and several more prospective sales are now being negotiated. Issues with meter connections has slowed down completion of the sales – the company that handles these connections has a backlog and there are no other companies that are authorised to carry out these connections.
Click here to view all view home images.
Site build schedule:
Additional delays were caused by extreme bad weather across the summer months . December 2019 a further 11 days were lost to inclement weather bringing the total days lost to bad weather to 71.
Further earlier delays were incurred due to delays in the discharge of planning conditions by the council and also issues with the drainage design which it took the council 6 months to sign off on – the local council is severely under resourced. The site is currently scheduled for completion June 2020 but contractors will aim to claw back time when possible. Regular inspections of works are being carried out by CPUK. As of November 2019 the site is approximately 46 weeks behind schedule due to the above issues – whilst our contractors are subject to time penalties, there is little we can do about delays caused by the council and utility companies.
Fundraises/Investor return (as this is a large development there will be multiple fundraises):
Phase/Fundraise 1 – 10% (1st tranche of investor capital being repaid 9/3/2020)
Phase/Fundraise 2 – 10%
Phase/Fundraise 3 – 9%
Phase/Fundraise 4 -9%
Phase/Fundraise 5 – 9%
Phase/Fundraise 6 – 9%
Fundraise 7 – 10%
Investor capital repaid to date: We have commenced paying out capital to investors in phase 1 as of 9th March 2020 after completion of the first sale.
We will continue repaying capital in order of fundraises only once we have started completing on sales. Investors will be emailed when it is their turn to have their capital repaid.
Information re interest payments:
Interest will be paid at a later date when the development is complete and fully sold as interest can only be paid out profit, and an investment is not in profit until all investor capital has been repaid.
View Home Images (January 2020):
February 2020 site images:
February 2020 Updates:
Plots 4-17 have been handed over
Despite improving weather the area of 18-26 has not progressed as well as hoped. This is however now progressing as the gound has finally dried out
Plots 23-36 are progressing well with units approaching completion. The access strategy for these units to allow handovers is underway (currently impacted by the Coronavirus).
January 2020 Updates:
Works currently ongoing:
Handover of plots 4, 5, 9-11.
Tarmac base course to drives and footpaths adjacent to plots 4-17.
Continuation of 2nd fix M&E.
Continuation of internal wall and floor tiling to plot 36.
Continuation of internal decorations, final fix joinery, and fitted kitchens.
Completion of kitchens plots 30-36.
Internal and external cleaning.
December 2019 Updates:
Completion of scaffolding strikes to plots 30-36
Continuation 2nd fix M&E
Completion of internal plaster boarding and skimming to plots 30-35
Continuation of kitchens, internal decorations, internal wall and floor tiling, external hard landscaping of plots 4 – 17.
Installation of sleeper garden walls to plots 6 – 15, further sheet piling to the rear of plots 24-27.
Commencement of external soft landscaping works to lower plots.
November 2019 Build Updates:
Plots 4-36 are progressing well with internal works now being carried out including installation of staircases, internal wall and floor tiling, and kitchen installations. UPVc windows and doors being fitted to plots 4 to 17 and 30 to 36. Lighting columns have been added to foothpath 4-17. External landscaping is being carried out on plots 4 to 18.
Concrete piling and foundations are being worked on on plots 18-29 which are at an earlier stage in the build process than the other plots.
October 2019 Build Updates:
Works completed in period on plots 4 – 36:
– Continuation of timber frames from plots 30 – 35
– Continuation of internal insulation and VCL barrier
– Commencement of first fix joinery
– staircases/pattresses & walls
– Continuation of external masonry to timber frames
– Continuation of scaffolding for timber framed plots
– Continuation of first fix M&E
– Continuation of internal plaster boarding
– Commencement of kitchen installations
– Commencement of mist coat decoration
– Commencement of internal wall and floor tiling
September 2019 Build Updates:
External build work continues with some parts of the site now at the stage of work on the interior fit commencing – internal work is less impacted by bad weather.
Details have been completed for the landscaping and CGIs are being worked on.
August 2019 Build Updates:
Inclement weather has meant that we unfortunately lost a few days of progress. We are now however, looking to make up the time.
Over the last period the following works have been ongoing across plots 4-36:
– Large manholes and sewers
– Completion of new kerbs and base tarmac to 24-36
– Plot drainage and party wall foundations
– Masonry walls between plots – Scaffolding for timber framed plots
– Cut and fill to plots 18-23
– Completion of piling mattresses to 18-29
– Commencement of timber frames
– Commencement of roof tiling
– Commencement of internal insulation and pattresses (the container for the space behind electrical fittings such as power outlet sockets, light switches, or electrical fixtures)
– Commencement of internal plaster boarding
July 2019 Build Updates:
The horrendous weather in the latter part of July has let to delays on the site as extreme rain has made it difficult to carry out external building work.
The following works have been underway the past month:
Garden locks have been added to rear gates.
– Continuation of work on large manholes and sewers.
– Continuation of work on new kerbs from 24 to 36.
– Forming up of the road from 24 to 36.
– Continuation of plot drainage and party wall foundations.
– Continuation of masonry walls between plots.
-Continuation of scaffolding for timber framed plots.
– Commence cut and muck shift plots 18 to 23
– Form the hillside and turf to rear of plots 18 to 23.
June 2019 Build Update:
Plots 1-3 – The final decorations and snagging have been done.
Plots 4-36 – There has been a continuation of work creating large manholes and sewers.
– There has also been a continuation of new kerbs from 13 to 24.
– The road from 13 to 24 has now been formed.
– Continuation of plot drainage and party wall foundations.
– The masonry walls between plots have been completed.
– The scaffolding for timber framed plots has been done.
May 2019 Update:
– Viewing property ready this week
– Thanks to a spate of good weather we have experienced great progress on the build over the past month
– We have now tarmacked 1/3 of the road across the development
– Timber frames have now been erected on the main site
April 2019 Build Update:
Plots 1-3 of the development fronting Micklehurst Road have progressed well and are nearing completion. Over the last reporting period, we have:
-Completed all internal works except decorations, which are on hold until the electric meters are installed and power is available throughout the properties.
– Progressed external works, such as completion of groundworks, sub-base tarmac and installation of fencing.
Plots 4-36 on the main site of the development are currently on hold as the main drainage system is established. This complicated process sees the drainage system being installed at two points on site (commencing at the site entrance and at the end of the new access road) to compress the programme. Works for which are still ongoing but commencement of road formation and kerbs are due to start in the upcoming period.
– Viewing property to be ready 8th May
March 2019 Build Update:
Plots 1-3 (the properties at the front of the development) have progressed very well since the last reporting period:
– Our contractors have completed plasterboard and skimming works internally
– They have also commenced installing the fitted kitchens and are currently on with 2nd fix plumbing and heating (making sure that they’re properly fitted etc.)
– Our contractors have also progressed with internal decoration and continue to work on the joinery, tiling and installation of the front doors
-Contractors have also made great progress on the external works of the developments: installing steps to the rear gardens and forming the access road behind the plots.
February 2019 Build Update:
– Now that the windows are fitted and the roof is on plots 1-3, the block is watertight and we can commence work inside.
-The joiners have commenced with erecting the timber studwork and the rooms are taking shape. The plumbers and electricians have commenced with their first fix work as you can see by the cables and pipework in the images below.
– The plastering contractor will soon commence with boarding and skimming the plots so that our plumbers, joiners and electricians can second fix (skirtings, architraves, fixtures and fittings) the plots ready for decoration.
– The ground floors have been screeded (levelled in preparation for floor finishes)
– All drainage, gas, water and electric (services) have now been connected
– Plots 4-36 are currently awaiting the completion of drainage systems.
– The foundations are complete on plots 21-33 and are awaiting completion of drainage works.
January 2o19 Build Update:
-Building work for plots 1-3 of the development fronting Micklehurst Road are progressing to plan and internal work is scheduled to be completed by mid-April. You can see these properties in the picture recently taken below.
-On plots 4-36 (the main site of the development) the main drainage system is being established. This complicated process sees the drainage system being installed at two points on the site. Foundation works that had commenced to plots 4-36 will be placed on hold until the main drains have been installed as no heavy machinery will be able to access the site during this period.