HCD14 Library House, Frodsham, Cheshire
Conversion of historic former chapel and library into 14 luxury apartments with under croft parking. The building is centrally located in Frodsham in Cheshire.
Date work commenced on site: January 2018
Current status: Under construction – end of build now anticipated to be end of June 2019 with all contractors off site by that date. We hope to have all units sold by the end of September 2019.
Fund Raises/Investor return:
Phase/Fund Raise 1 – 10-11%
Phase/Fund Raise 2 – 9%
Phase/Fund Raise 3 – 9%
Phase/Fund Raise 4 – 9%
Investors capital repaid: none to date
Sales update: 6 plots reserved as of 22nd May 2019 with 8 to sell. The sale of the show home is currently going through. We attribute a lot of this interest to the introduction of our brand new show flat. Exchanges of the reserved properties have been delayed due to delays on the site.
May 2019 Update:
-Full steam ahead. With all the good weather work has been progressing exceptionally well, and we’ve been able to make up for some of the previous delays
that have been reported.
-At this stage, construction is expected to be completed within the next few months
April 2019 Update:
Build Phase 1: Incorporates all plots with their own external access on the Lower Ground Floor
– Most of the stud walls have been erected. Single side plasterboard and MF ceilings have been installed.
– Mechanical and electrical works are underway across all plots. This will enable all walls to be second side boarded and the skimming of the surfaces to begin.
Build Phase 2: Incorporates all plots accessed via the main building entrance facing Main Street.
– The house to be available for viewings (plot 6) has been fitted-out.
Build Phase 3: Incorporates all plots accessed via the communal staircase
-Stud walls have been erected throughout the properties, enabling 1st fix M&E to progress
March 2019 Update:
All the roofing work to Frodsham Library has been complete and the building is now watertight.
Build Phase 1: Incorporates all plots with their own external access on the lower ground floor.
– Internal partitioning has been erected to support the main structure.
– Suspended ceilings have been installed.
-Plaster boarding to the internal walls has also been installed.
-The contractors have also commenced with mechanical and electrical work.
Build Phase 2: Incorporates all plots accessed via the main building entrance facing Main Street
-Once the second fix mechanical and electrical and tiling work are completed, we can commence with decoration.
– Plots 6 has been fitted out in anticipation for viewings
Building Phase 3: Incorporates all plots accessed via the communal staircase to the site, including the extension.
-The base level of the extension has seen progress. The floor still requires screening prior to any further work begins, however.
-Stud walls have been erected and then single side boarded at the upper level
February 2019 Build Update:
This month we have split the project into 3 phases to make it clearer to explain how the work is progressing. Please note the build phases bear no relationship of fund raising phases.
Build Phase 1: Comprising plots that have external access to the lower ground floor.
– First fix timbers (erecting the stud partition walls) have been completed.
– First fix mechanical and electrical works (pipework and wiring) are currently being installed on the apartments.
– Our plastering contractor has commenced with plasterboarding, the stud partitions and completed the ceilings.
Build Phase 2: Comprising all plots accessed via the main building entrance
– The show-house (plot 6) is now complete and is currently being well received prospective buyers- as you can imagine when looking at the photos below!
-The remaining plots in this phase are currently having tiling work and second fix mechanical and electrical (such as light fittings, fixtures, etc.) which should take 2-3 weeks to complete prior to snagging commencing.
Build Phase 3: Comprising all plots accessed via the communal staircase.
-First fix timbers (erecting the stud partition walls) have been completed and plasterboarding to walls has commenced.
January 2019 Build Update:
-The extension to the former library has been erected and made watertight. All roofing works have been completed and work is progressing to phase 2 (Upper Ground Floor of the existing library space).
-The formation of internal walls has commenced to phase 1 (Lower Ground Floor) and plumbing and electrical work has commenced in the existing library space.
-Plot 6 has been fitted out and is available for prospective buyers to view (see picture bottom right below).
Most Recent Development Image: